Sunday, June 6, 2010

Stones

I guess it is only logical that I baptize my blog by entitling my first entry, "stones", to sort of give light as to why this blog is called Balancing and Stones.

with Micah (in yellow) and Pia (in black)...

Coming from a restful and invigorating weekend with my family, where time was spent with God's creation, good food and new friends, I've decided to start a record of my life's stones, small or big. The fun that I had with husband, our two kids and my 3 angels in Lobo, Batangas will be etched in my memory forever. My Pia once again proved her prowess with swimming (actually, just treading) and wrapping her Papa around her fingers... My Micah displayed her new abilities in singing with actions as she pressed both her pointer fingers against each cheek whilst my 3 angels sang, "When you're happy and you know it, you clap your hands... and your face will surely show it.." My Mari, as always, kept clicking away with the camera that has been such a blessing to us since we got it from anonymous and very generous benefactors. My 3 angels, Che-Che, At-At and Rhoda, swam with us in the beach where the water was so cool and clean and refreshing, spending their hard-earned vacation in ecstasy. What would one do without the little angels in life?

my first stone ...

Stones... i hope to get a chestful of them at the end of my blessed life. This first stone will be the "forefather" of a "nation of stones", so to speak. Or should it be "foremother"??

carrying Micah with Rhoda, Che-Che and At-At (my 3 angels) behind me.

A blessing in disguise manifested itself while we were in the midst of the winding roads to Lobo, Batangas. Pia and Micah, both wearing matching brown shirts, started vomiting after getting dizzy from the roller coaster ride. So, we rolled down the windows to let the fresh air in and the sour smell out. Pia lips were ashen, and so was Micah's. So, my 3 angels helped clean up the two girls, put fresh clothes (matching still) on them and had them settled back nice and comfy. Unknown to us, round two was still up ahead. After round two and changing them into another set of (matching) blouses, I sent a quick prayer to the Lord thanking Him that we were using the car loaned from a friend while our car was still in the shop being repaired. If we had been using our own pick-up, I think Rhoda, Che-Che and At-At would also be retching their guts out along with Pia and Micah..




















Left: Pia (turning 4 in July)
Right: Micah (one year and 4 months)

Not bad for a first stone. My husband, Mari, looking over my shoulder as I write this, asks, "What are stones?" I answer, "I'll let you know later.." It isn't something I would discuss briefly with anyone. The logical part of my mind questions me. How do I determine when a time in my life calls for stones? Somewhere inside of me a confident voice replies, "You'll know, Jaja. You'll know..."

2 comments:

  1. i love! hugs to you and your little angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hugs back, Marj. Thanks for being very supportive! The "love" coming from you is well-appreciated since i think highly of your writing skills. :) To me, you are the best writer since you have the "writing the GK way" down pat. Remember, somewhere out there is a "Justin Long" waiting to be found by you... Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete