Monday, June 28, 2010

A Determined Micah


I came home a bit weary from the day's work and preparing for our trip this Thursday to the province for my mother's 60th birthday. When my 2 angels saw me, they were delighted. They seem to cherish more my arrival these days probably because my husband, Mari, is away in Singapore for the GK summit - which, to my great happiness, was a resounding success! Hurray GK! Hurray to the service team!

I'm writing this blog because i want to make a mental (and i guess literary) note of Micah's progress. Micah and Pia were just finishing their dinner. When Micah saw me, she squealed in delight and began sauntering towards me in her mini little "duck walk" (she had just learned to walk independently) way - I didn't know that was even possible! I guess it's because she had on a pirate smile. When she reached me, she threw her whole body towards me, so obvious in her trust that i would catch her.
Then she made a motion, this new- found eager way of telling me that she wanted me to nurse her. I could almost hear her add, "this instant. Mama!". Since she was not yet done wid dinner (wanting to skip directly to milk and sleeping), i tried to distract her by swinging her in the air several times. The trick worked for a bit but when i put her down on the floor, she made a beeline for the door to our bedroom. I was puzzled. Until i realized that she wanted to get inside our room because that's where i always nurse her until she fell asleep! As the French would say it, "Incroyable!" Incredible, indeed.


Micah playing with Ate Pia's
fuschia boa - the drama princess taking after
the drama queen.


So I went to get the keys to our room from my bag and she followed me. I gave her the keys and she held the bunch in her tiny hands, a big smile on her face still. As we were near the door, she lifted her hands as if trying to place d keys in doorknob. I smiled at her and took the keys from her hands. She was willing to give them to me. I opened the door and i gave Micah what she asked of me that night. A loving time with her busy mom.

I love you, Micah.


No comments:

Post a Comment