Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Dreaded Turning 33.


Coming home from my non-special non-date with hubby, Mari (we actually just made a quick trip to the mall to buy our little girls their long overdue undies and peejays; and i refuse to call it a special date as their was no movie-watching involved!), i took time to open my Facebook account to catch up on the latest updates, especially since I had not opened my account since the morning of my birthday (yesterday).

Honestly, I dreaded turning 33. Turning 32 was ok because it was still so near 30 - just barely two years away. But 33 is another matter entirely. To me, it sounds like it was too near 35; and 35 happens to be right smack in the middle of 30 and 40. I felt old.

But after reading the messages and greetings of friends and family, age didn't seem to matter anymore. I looked at the names of people who were or are a part of my life: there were friends from way back, relatives now living so far away, co-servants who i see everyday, etc. All of them took the time to write on my FB wall. Something as simple as "Happy Birthday" can go a long way in making a person feel special. Before, i always try to think of something special to write. Since inspiration can sometimes be elusive, i often end up with a big fat blank. I've learned my lesson.

SO, expect a lot of greeting from me in FB (hopefully) or via mobile SMS. But only at the times premature senility does not strike. Hehe.

My birthday was a day of rest surrounded by my loving family and the thoughtfulness of dear relatives and close friends and sincere acquaintances. I could not have asked for anything more. So, to everyone, thank you for making my day even better. I hope you have equally wonderful birthday celebrations this year!

Toodles!

The friends who woke me up on my birthday.
I did not even get to wash my face
before this photo was taken. Uh-hmm.



Pia was good-natured. She did not make a fuss at all
even when woken up by the loud singing/greeting.

A screenshot of my FB Page.

2 comments:

  1. i miss you ate jarjar. glad to know you had a beautiful day. you deserve it. see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a blessing ate ja. continue to be one! :)

    ReplyDelete