Thursday, December 2, 2010

Resorting to Crazy Bands


In my very determined effort to live out a healthy lifestyle, I have resorted to some kiddie tactics!

When I tried out the hydration program (drinking 8 glasses of water everyday), i found it difficult to keep track of the number of glasses of water I 'd already consumed as the busyness of the day settles in.

A week into my program, I began to forget the number of glasses midway thru the day. It was too bothersome to keep a notepad and pencil and keep a tally - this doesn't work when you are on the go. It had to be something that you can keep on your body. Finally, with some bit of inspiration from Pia's Nickelodeon channel, i thought of crazy bands!


Crazy Bands: Fun and Function.
Here I am, blogging on these bands that have made
kids crazy and adults wonder at its appeal.
I finally found a good reason.

Crazy Bands are a line of shaped bands established in late 2009. Crazy Bands is a privately-held company owned by Gina Childers. The crazybands.com domain was registered October 15th, 2009. They are made of silicone so that means you can wear them even when taking a bath! It won't turn to melted rubber after exposure to moisture - unlike your ordinary, garden-variety rubber bands. They are bigger, stronger and thicker than most rubber bands and they come in different shapes!

The shapes I have are:
heeled shoe
cloud
key
skull profile
some kind of animal with a fat tail standing on its hind legs
a man walking
wand
fish
cap
christmas leaf

I wear the bands on my left wrist so every time I drink a glass of water, I move one band to my other wrist. Left to Right. Cool, right? So, for all the mommies out there going through the same hydration program, this is a good way to keep track of your hydration progress.

And what's even cooler is even after wearing, when you take them off, the bands jump right back into their original shapes!

Micah found it fun and liked wearing it on her wrist, too!

I'm going to try to infect all health-conscious GK workers back in the office! Crazy Bands, here we come!


No comments:

Post a Comment